Motherboard drivers are probably the most crucial to a PC, because literally everything is linked to the motherboard. It affects audio, wi-fi, bluetooth, USB and the overall performance. If you’ve got a new motherboard, most likely Windows 10 is installed on your computer, and the issue of drivers is taken care of without your involvement.
While we’re on the topic of Windows updates, there have also been a few cases where users were unable to update their drivers due to minor bugs and glitches in their current Windows build. After updating Windows, the driver updates proceeded without any issues. So, if you’re running an older build and haven’t updated Windows in a while, now may be a good time to do so. Your PC receives driver updates from time to time via Windows Update, but generally speaking, these only happen in case of important bug fixes and patches. As such, if you’re used to automatically updating drivers via Windows Update or the Device Manager, most of your drivers are likely a year or two older than the latest ones.
Smart Driver Updater
Of course, that requires internet connectivity on your computer. The good news is that Microsoft has since pulled the “Intel – System” driver, so those who haven’t installed it don’t need to worry. That being said, this is a teachable lesson for all users, as you’re going to want to inspect the updates you accept before hitting download.
- You also agree to Trend Micro’s Privacy Notice and Mandatory Arbitration, which shall govern the handling and use of the information that you provide and your use of this website.
- Similarly, it reduces other issues photos and cameras, headphones and speakers.
- Please avoid using any third-party driver update websites in windows 10 as it can download virus or malware which is harmful to your computer.
- The program typically runs daily, but it may not find and install anything every day.
- In that case, switching to the Hands-Free AG Audio option may solve the problem (but the sound quality may be a bit deteriorated).
There are Windows 7 32-bit drivers and 64-bit drivers available from NVIDIA. Windows 7 drivers for Microtek scanners are available for many recent models and are downloadable from the link above.
Is it worth having a driver updater?
Many computer users are not comfortable with updating software, especially more technical components like device drivers. If you’re one of those individuals, or you may have concerns about not knowing which drivers to update, there are solutions tailor-made for you. Services are available that will remove your concerns for security or selecting the right drivers that will work best for your system and devices.
- HP provides drivers for its Pavilion, windows 10 82801 PCI Bridge drivers EliteBook, ProBook, Envy, Omen, and other PC lines, as well as HP printers and other products.
- To check for driver updates for any component, just right-click on it, and choose Update driver from the list of options.
- The reason why you should pick this software is that it offers a huge list of drivers.
Auslogics is another company that creates some of the best applications for Windows. Earlier, we had covered Auslogics tools in our Defragmentation article on Windows 10.
Trackimo’s other products
Norton 360 Deluxe and Bitdefender Total Security are Editors’ Choice security suites. Both cover multiple platforms and both come with VPN protection built in, and both offer a bigger variety of security features than Avast. Go to the driver to update and double-click on it, just as you did in the initial instructions. But instead of manually looking for an updater file, go to the Drivers application, choose the Update Driver button, and select Search automatically for updated driver software. Many hardware makers offer downloads for their PCs, components (see also our sound card driver update guide and graphics cards driver update guide), and peripherals (scanners, printers).